I The MITRE Corporation
1. US Patent, US 5355474 A, October 1994, an Apparatus and Method for a system for security constraint processing during database query update and design operations. (with William Ford and Marie Collins).
2. US Patent, US5481700 A, January 1996, an Apparatus and Method for a system for handling the inference problem based on Nonmonotonic Typed Multilevel Logic.
3. US Patent, December 1997, an Apparatus and Method for a system for expert inference control (with William Ford).
II The University of Texas at Dallas
4. US Application No. 13/588,977 Systems And Methods For Determining User Attribute Values By Mining User Network Data And Information” Satyen Abrol, Latifur Khan, Bhavani Thuraisingham, Vaibhav Khadilkar (Patent Granted)
5. US Patent Application No: 2012/0054,184 Systems and Methods for Detecting a Novel Data Class, Mehedy Masud, Latifur Khan, Bhavani Thuraisingham, Jiawei Han et al. (Patent Granted)
6. US Application Number 61/944,304: Large Scale, Automated Detection of SSL/TLS Man-in-the-Middle Vulnerabilities in Android Apps, UTD-14-009 B. Thuraisingham, L. Khan, Z. Lin
7. US Application No.: 62/015,697 SYSTEM AND METHOD FOR MEDIA DATA ANALYTICS (Marketing) G. Rajaseker, G. Ganesh, L. Khan, B. Thuraisingham, N. McDaniel, S. Abrol, V. Khadilkar
8. US Application Number 62/015678 SYSTEM AND METHOD FOR THREAT DETECTION AND PREDICTION (Security), Satyen Abrol, Latifyr Khan, Vaibhav Khadilkar, Bhavani Thuraisingham, Nathan McDaniel
Intellectual Property Disclosures (Sample)
Disclosure Number: 09-037
Title: Policy Management for Assured Information Sharing in a Coalition Environment
Inventors: B. Thuraisingham, L. Khan, M. Kantarcioglu
Disclosure Number: 10-017
Title: Classification and Novel Class Detection in Concept-Drifting Data Streams Under Time Constraints
Inventors: L. Khan, M. Masud (former UTD Post-doc), B. Thuraisingham
Disclosure Number: 10-019
Title: Biological Weapon Attack Simulation Using Social Network and Game Theoretic Modeling
Inventors: M. Kantarcioglu, R. Layfield (former Ph.D. student)
Disclosure Number: 10-054
Title: Agglomerative Clustering using Label Propagation for Location Mining
Inventors: S. Abrol, L. Khan, B. Thuraisingham, V. Khadilkar
Disclosure Number: 13-038
Title: Semantic Web-Based Inference Controller for Processing Security Policies to Control Unauthorized Inferences
Inventors: T. Cadenhead, M. Kantarcioglu, V. Khadilkar, B. Thuraisingham
Disclosure Number: 13-055
Title: InXite – Marketing/InXite - Security
Inventors: B. Thuraisingham, S. Abrol, L. Khan, N. McDaniel, V. Khadilkar
Disclosure Number: 14- 009
Title: Large Scale, Automated Detection of SSL/TLS Man-in-the-Middle Vulnerabilities in Android Apps
Inventors: B. Thuraisingham, L. Khan, Z. Lin
InXite System: Patents applied in June 2014 and discussions are ongoing with investors since September 2013 through UTD’s Office of Technology Commercialization. This is a social media integration and analytics system for national security, law enforcement as well as marketing applications.
UTD Spin-Off Corporation
We started a spin-off company titled: “Knowledge and Security Analytics, LLC” in Summer 2010. The company founder is Bhavani Thuraisingham. This spinoff company is a holding company from which we will apply for SBIR/STTR.
Two new corporations are being spun off from UTD Technologies in Cyber Security and Big Data Analytics with two UTD colleagues and two external entrepreneurs in first quarter 2015.